Focus College are educating and nurturing students to become global citizens of honor and self-discipline.
Our key to success consists of promoting motivation, focus and discipline. This will enable learners to become independent thinkers and services to their exosystem.
Our vision is to create a school that is highly regarded for its academic excellence, contributing actively serve and improve the community in which it operates.
Key to success:
- Motivation, focus & discipline
- Enable learners to become independent thinkers
Mission Statement Summary
The heart and soul of the school is a combined partnership with families and communities to provide positive, student-centered education that balances academic excellence with physical, social and emotional well-being.
- Our mission is to help urban students who have not succeeded in traditional secondary schools.
- We assist them in smaller classes end inclusive education. This in turn alleviates barriers to learning, upliftment of self-confidence and learning integration.
- Our mission is to help learners to develop higher order thinking skills, peacemaking skills and leadership abilities in an environment of shared values of nonviolence, equality and unity, by using a combination of the Core Knowledge CAPS Curriculum and Direct Instruction.
- Our school strives to be a racial and cultural diverse community of students, parents and staff, dedicated to create a peaceful environment. Each person is treated with unconditional positive regard, respect and acceptance. Within such an environment each student will be empowered and inspired to reach his or her full academic, emotional, physical and spiritual potential.
- Combined partnership with families and communities
- Positive student-centered education
- Develop higher order thinking skills
- Leadership abilities
- Racially & Culturally diverse
By fostering an environment where the student’s success is at the center of every decision made. Focus College has spread rapidly throughout Africa and we have welcome students from the following countries: Angola, Namibia, Congo, Rwanda and Zimbabwe.
To empower people through education by developing their personal, interpersonal, social, economic, technical, and entrepreneurial skills.
Historical background and achievements of the school:
- The education we offer takes place in an atmosphere of mutual respect within an environment which recognizes and acknowledges that each student is an individual.
- Focus College offers a life-changing experience for all our students. We equip our students to go out into the world to be the very best that they can be whilst being responsible citizens and valuable contributors to the broader community.
- There’s a line in a school song that says: "There's a stirring of pride in every heart for the future that’s building here".
- In essence, that sums up what Focus College/ High is all about - the development of young people and the role that we play in helping them grow to their full potential.
- The young men and women who leave Focus College/ High are confident, energetic and passionate individuals, ready to take their place in contemporary South African society and make a meaningful and significant contribution. School is, first and foremost, a place where children come to learn, and the pursuit of academic excellence remains one of our strategic goals. However, the life lessons that are learnt at school are often learnt outside the classroom.
- There are many threads I could weave to describe the rich tapestry of Focus College/High School, but can perhaps simply sum up by saying that this is a school with teachers who are passionate about education, pupils who are encouraged to reach for their dreams, and an environment that celebrates innovation and exudes a palpable sense of energy and purpose.